The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 27

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016. A 17-year-old male was killed after a shooting in Champaign on Thursday night.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Nothing to report.

Retail theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore in Champaign at 10:52 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, store employees observed the offender attempting to leave without paying for a lab coat and goggles. The lab coat and goggles have an estimated value of $44.98. The offender was issued a notice to appear.

An arrest was made on the charge of aggravated battery in the 1800 block of Cunningham Avenue around 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect pushed the victim to the ground at a local gas station.

Aggravated battery was reported in the 600 block of West University Avenue around 6 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the offender was a patient at a local hospital who was being removed from the facility. The offender then spat on and attempted to bite the victim. The offender claimed the victim had battered him.