The Daily Illini police blotter for March 7

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Nothing to report

An arrest was made on the charges of aggravated battery at OSF Heart of Mary Medical Center in Urbana around midnight on Thursday. According to the report, police responded to a report that an intoxicated University student was possibly armed with a knife at Van Doren Hall, 1215 S. Fourth St., Champaign. The suspect resisted officers’ attempts to detain him and locate the knife. While being transported to the hospital, the suspect bit two officers.

Robbery was reported in the 1800 block of Philo Road around 11 p.m. on Friday. According to the report, the victim alleged that two unknown offenders attempted to rob him while he was walking home from the store.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm and first-degree murder was reported in the 900 block of Welch Drive around 11 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, victim one and victim two attended a social gathering at an Urbana apartment complex. The victims were shot by the unknown offender while standing in the apartment complex’s parking lot. Victim one was transported to an Urbana hospital and later pronounced deceased. Victim two arrived at an Urbana hospital by personal vehicle and was treated. Victim two’s status is unconscious but stable.