Live Updates: Champaign County election results

Jacob Slabosz

Various political campaign signs were posted at the north end of the main quad on Nov. 3.

By Matt Troher and Kiran Bond

As results for county-wide elections come in, The Daily Illini will be giving live updates for county offices. Continue to check back frequently. 

Results are being taken from The Associated Press 2022 Race Calls, as well as the Champaign County Clerk’s records.

Wednesday, 12:42 a.m.: The Champaign County Clerk’s office has published most of Champaign County’s unofficial results from early voting, Election Day voting and some mail-in voting. The office noted that some mailed ballots still need to be processed, this can take up to 14 days.

Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.: Polls close statewide. If you are in line to vote at the time of closing, you are allowed to stay in line to cast your vote.

U.S. House District 13

Wednesday, 12:09 a.m.: The Associated Press called University alumn and Democrat Nikki Budzinski as the winner of the House District 13 race. Budzinski has 27,287 votes, and Republican Regan Deering has 11,437 votes.

In terms of percentages, Budzinski has 70.3% of the votes, and Deering has 29.5% of the votes.

Champaign County Clerk race

Wednesday, 12:42 a.m.: Aaron Ammons received 52.76% of votes and Terrence Stuber received 47.24%.

Champaign County Executive race

Wednesday, 12:42 a.m.: Steve Summers has 54.17% of votes and Ted Myhre has 45.83%. 

County Sheriff race

Wednesday, 12:26 p.m.: In an email, Brown said that he “congratulated Dustin last night on his victory,” and that “it is highly unlikely the outstanding mail-in ballots will change the results.”

Wednesday, 12:42 a.m.: Dustin Heuerman has 53.64% of votes and John P. Brown has 46.36%. 

County Treasurer race

Cassandra “CJ” Johnson was uncontested in her run.