Authentic ‘Asian Noodle & Sushi’ restaurant opens near campus

Winter in Champaign causes a sudden surge in stress for thousands of people with the dreaded finals week. There’s nothing better to warm your body and soul than hot noodles, steamed buns, and dumplings. Instead of eating ready-made ramen in a rush, treat yourself to a meal in a relaxing, sit-down atmosphere.

Just across the street from the famous Jarling’s in the former Yellowfin Sushi storefront at 305 Cedar St. is Authentic Asian Noodle & Sushi.

“Authentic Noodle” review

When you enter the store, you are greeted with a calming experience and a bowl of nourishing soup.

After a short wait, they bring out a bowl of noodles with a wide selection of side dishes organized into small rectangular containers, including beef, sprouts, tofu, fish, mushrooms, and other fresh ingredients.

Combining and boiling these ingredients together yields high expectations. Using a spoon to scoop the soup, the taste is sweet but not greasy, and flavorful but not bland. Sit back, close your eyes, and enjoy the smell and taste.

In the pursuit of perfection and authenticity, the owner imports chili oil form the Sichuan Province to Champaign. After frying, drying, and crushing pieces, the chef roasts the chili on a small golden fire to make unique red oil. Used as a seasoning, it brings a sense of exquisiteness and and depth to the soup.

The traditional rice noodle is clear and fresh. The restaurant brews the broth and herbs for nearly 24 hours to marry the flavors. The taste of the soup makes adding the rice noodles in an exciting experience.

In addition to the well-brewed broth, a highlight of the experience is the high quality ingredients. Pouring the fresh ingredients one by one into the broth makes the deep, dark soup become colorful.

Following the anticipation comes a sense of accomplishment — the noodles are rich delicious, and better yet, healthy. After enjoying this meal, it’s easy to appreciate the restaurant’s sincere mission.

Visit or order online

Asian Noodle & Sushi is open Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Visit them at 305 W. Cedar St. in Champaign or order from your phone with the RICEPO app.