Distance medley relay provisionally qualifies

By Chris Cook

While the Illini hosted the Illinois Invitational Saturday at the Armory track, head coach Wayne Angel and a portion of the team’s top athletes traveled south for Friday’s Razorback Invitational in Fayetteville, Ark.

Friday saw good results for the Illini. Freshman Dominique Worsley finished fourth in 200-meters with a time of 21.47.

The distance medley relay team of seniors Jason Bill, Tim Hobbs, Tramell Smith and Adrian Walker won and provisionally qualified for the NCAA championship with a time of 9:43.04.

On Saturday at the Illinois Invitational Illinois also saw good results. In pole vault senior James Keller won with a final jump of 4.75 meters.

Another highlight came in the 60 meter hurdles where seniors Anthony Young and Bryan Pratt finished first and third, respectively.

Meanwhile, the positive results continued in Arkansas where senior Abe Jones took second place and regionally qualified with a time of 46.73 in the 400-meters.

Senior Andre English also provisionally qualified, finishing the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 7.91.

In the end it was a good weekend for the Illini and Angel was happy with his team’s performances.