ON-AIR: Illini volleyball takes on Purdue and Indiana

By Meghan Montemurro

After defeating a nationally ranked Ohio State in 3 straight sets and giving Penn State a lot to handle despite the loss, the Illinois women’s volleyball team looks to carry its success to this weekend’s matches. The Illini are on the road to face Purdue and Indiana. Junior Vicky Brown believes that Illinois needs to continue their success from last weeks games.

“Our effort and play has been awesome. We just put our whole soul into the game, the Friday and Sunday games. And so we’re just going to try and do that his week and carry on into the weekend.”

A large part of the Illini’s success against Ohio State and Penn State came from their serving led primarily by setter Lizzie Bazzetta. Bazzetta says that it was a key component in beating Ohio State.

“I think our aggressive serving is always something we focus on, trying to get the other team out of system, and so we just go after it. We try to do that in every match, and that definitely helped us.”

Illinois takes on Purdue Friday at 6 and Indiana Saturday at 6 on the road before coming back to Huff Hall for an important three game stretch.