Hockey’s Nemeth vital to offense

By Jim Carter

Illini hockey forward Jason Nemeth came off of an excellent weekend, scoring three goals against then No. 1 Penn State.

Since Nemeth has come to Illinois he has played an active role in being a setup guy and racking up assists.

var UniqueNameFO = { movie:”https://www.dailyillini.com/media/paper736/interactive/zecu62i1.swf”, width:”200″, height:”305″, majorversion:”8″, build:”0″, xi:”true” };

UFO.create(UniqueNameFO, “di_inline_flash”);

Get macromedia Flash Player

“I pretty much supposed to set people up; our main goal scorers like Jordan Pringle and Johnny Lang,” said Nemeth. “They put the puck in the net most of the time. So I’m pretty much an assist man and setup guys.”

Nemeth feels comfortable around this season’s team and feels like he is making an impact with his skills and being a team player. Sticking with that, his goal this season was to win it all.

“My main goal this season is, I want to win a National Championship when I’ve been here,” said Nemeth. “That’s pretty much what I want to do. That’s the only thing I really want, anything else doesn’t really matter anymore.”

The Illini head to Missouri this Saturday to take on the No. 9 Lindenwood Lions. Tune into today’s 5 p.m. newscast on WPGU 107.1 fm for an in-depth preview of the matchup.