Getting to know Jeff Jordan

Erica Magda

Erica Magda

By Jeff LaBelle

Most pressure in the city of Chicago

It’s definitely Derrick (Rose) right now. He’s on a different level. He’s (living up to MJ) on a daily basis, and I guess I am to, but he’s on a different level. On the biggest stage, it’s unbelievable, he’s playing against the best players in the world.

Role this season

I wasn’t expecting, like I said before, I wasn’t coming in with any expectations. It’s pretty much the same as last year, wherever I can fit in with the team, that’s what I was looking to do. So far it’s been pretty good. We’ve been playing well. It’s been fun.

Ready to step in

Injuries are something you prepare for throughout the long season. People are going to get hurt or just get tired, and as a bench player you just have to be ready to come in and be prepared to just help the team out.

Secret interest

I probably have over 50 magazine subscriptions. Reading things like Forbes and SI, ESPN, I got gamers magazines, technology magazines, that’s something I do all the time. I read all of them, I’ll read whatever – VIBE, anything. I guess it started last year, just when I didn’t have anything else to do. Basketball was pretty much done and over with, so in the springtime I just said, ‘Hey, might as well get some magazines.’ I might read them from an hour and a half to two hours a day, actually. Just sorting through magazines and reading them when I don’t have to be (at practice) or working out. I don’t know; it’s just something I got into over the past year … Yeah, subscription letters, I get those all the time, all the time.

Alex Legion’s return

It’s going to be tough (when Alex Legion comes back). It looks like we’re winning right now so he’s going to have to fit in and try to help us win even more. But if we had been losing he would have had to be the savior. He’s in a tough position. I feel confident he’s going to come back and do well. I have no idea (how it will affect me). I guess I’m in the dark just like everybody else. I don’t even know if Coach (Weber) knows what he’s gonna do with the lineup yet. I think whatever he feels comfortable with, that we can win with, is what he’ll do. So I guess we’ll see.

Big Ten season

The good thing about this year is all the Big Ten teams look good, so we’re pretty much expecting a grind day-in, day-out with Big Ten teams. We’re just looking forward to playing teams like Purdue, Wisconsin, and all those other teams – Northwestern’s up and coming – we’re going to have fun going into a really competitive Big Ten season.

If you could be in one magazine …

I’d have to say ESPN The Magazine. ESPN, by far, that’s my favorite magazine.

Favorites

Campus Food: Papa Del’s

Game system: PlayStation 3

Athlete: Chris Paul

Season: Spring

Quick hits

Position: Guard

Hometown: Highland Park, Ill.

High school: Loyola Academy

Height: 6-foot-1

Weight: 185 pounds

Major: Psychology