Live Blog: Illinois v. Wisconsin

By Anthony Zilis

7:47 pm – 2:00 – Illinois 21, Wisconsin 35

Bohannon is flat out feeling it. He is 5-for-5 from three point range, the Wisconsin record is seven. The Illini, on the other hand, are 1-for-9 from beyond the arc and can’t seem to score outwards of 10 feet.

6:47 – Illinois 17, Wisconsin 22

Mike Davis stops a 15-4 Badger run with a nice jump hook in the lane. Davis has had a few very nice offensive rebounds. Bohannon is still on fire from three point range. Tisdale showed a nice jump hook a few plays ago. Could be a big night for him with a smaller Wisconsin lineup.

11:53 – Illinois 11, Wisconsin 12

Alex Legion shows some quickness we haven’t really seen much this season, getting to the basket and drawing a foul. Bohannon has been lighting it up from beyond the arc. Lots of substitutions thus far

15:54 – Illinois 7, Wisconsin 2

McCamey’s come out on fire with five quick points. Tisdale’s has had a travel, a missed shot, and a travel. Not too much to complain about on the part of the Illini. Wisconsin has come out ice cold. Back to the game.

Starting Lineups

Trevon Hughes is telling the crowd to make some noise. Unfortunately i cannot portray this to you very well, except by saying that everyone is loud.

Illinois

Trent Meacham

Chester Frazier

Mike Tisdale

Mike Davis

Chester Frazier

Wisconsin

Trevon Hughes

Jason Bohannon

Jon Leuer

Joe Krabbenhoft

Marcus Landry

No surprises here. OK, time for the tip. Wisconsin fans are rocking forward and back, with every other person doing the opposite, in a very organized fashion. Orange Krush, get on it.

Pregame

Anthony Zilis here at the Kohl Center as the Illini get set to take on Wisconson. I’ll be filling in for Ryan Dixon, who wasn’t able to make the four and a half hour drive up to Wisconsin with Jeremy Werner and me. While Jeremy and I are sitting up in the cheap seats of the NBA-like Kohl Center, we’ll still be here to give you unmatched coverage as the Illini attempt to separate themselves from the pack and the Badgers try to stop a six game slide that has them all but out of the Big Ten race.

Picks to Click tonight – Jeremy takes the easy way out by picking Demetri McCamey, Jeff LaBelle, from his couch in Champaign satellite location, picks Mike Davis, and Ryan Dixon picks Chester Frazier. While I’m not allowed to officially pick, I say Trent Meacham refinds his touch in Badgerland.

Check out the sports blog throughout the game for more of the action