Big Ten basketball power rankings: Week of Feb. 24

By Daily Illini Staff Report

1. WISCONSIN (Last week: 1)

The No. 5 Badgers are on a 10-game winning streak and hold a 13-1 conference record.

2. MICHIGAN STATE (3)

Branden Dawson leads the Big Ten in rebounding and the Spartans have won six of their last seven games.

3. MARYLAND (2)

The No. 14 Terrapins have won three in a row heading into one of the biggest Big Ten matchups of the year against No. 5 Wisconsin on Tuesday night.

4. PURDUE (6)

The Boilermakers’ height has helped the team grab 36.6 rebounds per game, leading the team to eight wins in their last 10 games.

5. IOWA (8)

At 8-6 in conference play, the Hawkeyes have shot 46.5 percent in Big Ten games this season.

6. OHIO STATE (4)

The Buckeyes fell from the AP top-25 rankings after back-to-back losses to rivals Michigan and Michigan State.

7. INDIANA (5)

The Hoosiers have not won back-to-back games since a four-game conference winning streak in January.

8. ILLINOIS (7)

The Illini have lost two straight after a four-game winning streak, averaging just 51 points per game in their last two losses.

9. MICHIGAN (10)

Losing six of their last eight, the Wolverines are scoring 63.9 points per game.

10. MINNESOTA (9)

Minnesota has lost three straight to Indiana, Northwestern and Wisconsin — averaging just 63.3 points per game during the stretch.

11. NORTHWESTERN (13)

The Wildcats have won three in a row after a 10-game losing streak, averaging just over 63 points per game.

12. NEBRASKA (12)

The Cornhuskers have struggled in the Big Ten with a 5-10 record, scoring just 56.9 points per game against conference opponents.

13. PENN STATE (11)

The Nittany Lions have lost six of their last seven games, depite D.J. Newbill’s Big Ten-leading 20.5 points per game.

14. RUTGERS (14)

The Scarlet Knights have lost 11 straight games, posting a 2-13 Big Ten record.