Maday earns United Soccer Coaches All-Region distinction

Illinois forward Kelly Maday (15) dribbles the ball during the game against Indiana at the Illinois Soccer Stadium on Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018. The Illini won 1-0 in double overtime.

By Meghan Rest, Sports Editor

Illinois senior forward Kelly Maday was named to the United Soccer Coaches Third Team All-North Region, the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics announced Monday following USC’s release of All-Region teams.

Maday’s first-ever All-Region nod marks her second accolade of the 2019 season after she received All-Big Ten honors for the first time in her career as an Illini.

Maday helped lead the Illini to a 9-8-1 overall record in 2019. She notably scored 18 points on six assists and a netted a team-high six goals, maintaining a .519 shots-on-goal percentage on the season. Maday tied with sophomore Makena Silber and junior Hope Breslin for the most goals scored this fall.

The Wilmette, Illinois-native ranked in the Big Ten’s top-10 for her 0.38 goals-per-game, 0.38 assists-per-game, 1.13 points-per-game and six assists.

@meghan_rest