Tight end Tip Reiman gets selected in third round of 2024 NFL Draft

Tight end Tip Reiman races to the end zone to celebrate a touchdown against Indiana on Nov. 11 2023.

Former Illini tight end Tip Reiman was selected as the No. 82 pick in the 2024 NFL Draft and is headed to the Arizona Cardinals to continue his football career. He will join his college teammate Isaiah Adams, who was drafted earlier in the third round.

The 6-foot-5, 270-pound South Dakota native spent four years at Illinois and made huge strides to get to where he is now. In 2022, Reiman started in all 12 games and totaled 19 receptions for 174 yards and one touchdown. He led Illinois’ tight ends in receptions and receiving yards and picked up one or more receptions in 10 of 13 games.

In his final year at Illinois, Reiman was named a team captain and started in every game this season as well. He caught three touchdown receptions this year and picked up a career-long pass of 42 yards with the team’s win over Florida Atlantic University.

Altogether, Reiman totaled 420 yards in 41 receptions and scored five touchdowns. He finished the NFL combine with a 40-yard dash in 4.64 seconds.

Reiman will take his athleticism to Arizona in the upcoming year, looking for it to translate into his professional career.

@tess_eken