Illinois lands international big man Ivišić

Photo courtesy of Illini Athletics

Seven-foot-1 Tomislav Ivišić of Croatia has committed to the University of Illinois. He announced this via his Instagram story Monday morning, saying, “Can’t wait to join the Illini family! 100% COMMITTED #EveryDayGuys.” He is the third prospect in Illinois’ 2024 recruiting class, joining 6-foot-9 Morez Johnson and 6-foot-10 Jason Jakstys.

Ivišić competed professionally in Europe since 2018. The 250-pound center most recently played for SC Derby in the Adriatic League, averaging 7.1 points and 3.8 rebounds during the 2023-24 season.

Ivišić will give Illinois a true center in the frontcourt, something they lacked last season since senior Coleman Hawkins played at the five for most of the year. In addition to his size making him a strong presence in the post, Ivišić can also stretch the floor and shoot the ball well. He knocked down 11 of his 26 attempts (42.3%) from long-range last season.

The 20-year-old prospect is the twin brother of Zvonimir Ivišić, the former Kentucky big man who recently announced his transfer to Arkansas following legendary head coach John Calipari. Former Kentucky assistant Orlando Antigua, who recently joined Brad Underwood’s staff in Champaign, worked closely with Kentucky’s big men, including Ivišić. With this, he will get a chance to develop his brother at Illinois.

@sahil_mittal24