ICYMI: Illinois lands four-star forward Tevian Jones

By Eli Schuster, Sports Editor

Brad Underwood and company landed their fifth recruit of the 2018 class earlier today when small forward Tevian Jones announced his commitment to the Illini via his personal twitter account. The six-foot-six athlete had offers from Arizona, California and Nevada.

Jones comes out of Culver City California as the No. 117 ranked recruit in the country, according to 247 sports. He is also ranked as the No. 29 best small forward in the nation.

He originally made his official visit to the University on March 9 and now sits as the second highest ranked player in the 2018 class behind five-star guard Ayo Dosunmo. Jones will also be joining three-star big men Giorgi Bezhanishvili and Samba Kane as well as three-star guard Alan Griffin.

The Illini now have the No. 28 best recruiting class in the nation and the No. 7 in the Big Ten.

@Schuster_Elias

About the Writer
Eli Schuster, Sports Editor

My name is Elias Schuster, and I am extremely happy to be in the sports editor role here at The Daily Illini. I am currently a senior here at the University studying journalism and have a strong passion for sports. For the past three years, I have worked at the DI producing digital content. I have covered both Illinois football and basketball for the last three seasons and previously held the sports video editor title. A little background on me, I am originally from a suburb outside Chicago called Vernon Hills, Illinois. Growing up outside a sports-centric city quickly made me fall in love with the sports world. It also made me quickly fall in love with deep dish pizza, but that’s beside the point. Anyway, if you have any questions or comments about anything at all, please feel free to contact me. Oh, and keep up to date with all the latest news via twitter @Schuster _Elias and @di_sports.