Senior Crystal Wang swings her club during the Illini Invitational at the Medinah Country Club. The Illini finished sixth.

Illini women finish sixth at Medinah Country Club

By Andre Thomas, Staff Writer October 15, 2021

The Illinois women’s golf team concluded their own invitational with a tie at sixth place this week, making it the first time this year where they did not place in the top five.  The Illini invitational...

Senior Crystal Wang looks for her next move on the putting green during the Schooner Fall Classic. The team finished in a tie for fourth with Florida State.

Illinois women’s golf notches top-four finish at Schooner Fall Classic

By Andre Thomas, Staff Writer September 29, 2021

Everybody can’t be a winner because there is only one first-place trophy, which means you have to outplay and out-train your opponent. Oklahoma State did just that, winning the Schooner Fall Classic...

Freshman Lexanne Halama swings at a golf ball at the Wolverine Invitational. The team hopes to improve upon their game at the Schooner Fall Classic.

Illini women’s golf looks to improve in Oklahoma after opening season with fifth-place finish

By Andre Thomas, Staff Writer September 25, 2021

The Illinois women’s golf team is on its second invitational this year as the Illini will travel to Norman, Oklahoma for the two-day Schooner Fall Classic. Illinois is starting to get back in rhythm...

Junior Siyan Chen swings at a golfball at the Wolverine Invitational. Illinois placed top five at the match.

Illinois starts season strong, secures fifth-place finish in Wolverine Invitational

By Andre Thomas, Staff Writer September 14, 2021

The Illini women’s golf team traveled to Ann Arbor, Michigan for the Wolverine Invitational hosted by the University of Michigan. Illinois took a fifth-place finish behind Michigan, Virginia, Virginia...

Illinois womens golf looks to start season strong at Wolverine Invitational

Illinois women’s golf looks to start season strong at Wolverine Invitational

By Andre Thomas, Staff Writer September 12, 2021

Like the Illini men’s golf team, the women’s golf team is on a level on its own. Last season, after finishing in the top-five once, Illinois starts this season with three players named to the 2021-22...

Senior Crystal Wang hits the golf ball during a round of golf on May 12. Crystal Wang was the only one to play last season during COVID-19.

Illini women’s golf combines familiar, fresh faces ahead of 2021 season

By Carson Gourdie, Staff Writer September 9, 2021

With three players named to the Big Ten preseason watch list, Illinois looks to improve upon last year’s COVID-riddled year with its balance of both young and familiar talent.  “It’s a great...

Senior Crystal Wang lines up where she needs to putt the ball. Senior Crystal Wang hopes to step-up her game with the upcoming season.

Three Illini named to Big Ten Women’s Golfers to Watch List

By Carson Gourdie, Staff Writer August 31, 2021

On Tuesday, the Illinois women’s golf team had three of its members named to the Big Ten’s Women’s Golfers to Watch List for the 2021-2022 season.  Familiar faces junior Siyan Chen and seniors...

Senior Tristyn Nowlin completes her last first drive at the NCAA Columbus Regional meet May 12. The Illinois womens golf team placed 13th in the tournament.

Illini finish 13th at NCAA Columbus Regional

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer May 12, 2021

After marching its way into the NCAA Regional tournament each of the four last postseasons, the Illinois women’s golf has seen its season officially come to an end after placing 13th at this year’s...

The womens golf team sits together as they wait to play their Big Ten Tournament. The team is now preparing to play the NCAA Tournament this Monday.

lllini advance to NCAA Regional, look to make championship for second straight season

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer May 9, 2021

The Illinois women’s golf team had no idea if it was advancing to the NCAA Regional tournament, as the Illini were right on the threshold. But their fate was revealed halfway through the NCAA Selection...

Senior Tristyn Nowlin hits the golf ball as the team places ninth in their Big Ten Championships. Tristyn finished 22nd in the tournament.

Illini finish ninth at Big Ten Championship

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer April 25, 2021

The Illinois women’s golf team placed ninth out of thirteen teams at this year’s Big Ten Championship in Maineville, Ohio. The team had two golfers finish in the top 25.  The first round of competition...

The Illinois womens golf team poses for a photo on a golf green. The team will be traveling to Maineville, Ohio in just a few days for the Big Ten Championship.

Illinois golf set to begin postseason play with Big Ten Championship

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer April 22, 2021

The postseason battle has just begun for the Illinois women’s golf team. The team will be traveling to Maineville, Ohio in just a few days for the Big Ten Championship. The Illini are heading into...

Senior Tristyn Nowlin swings her club on a cool day. The Illinois womens golf team came in sixth place at the Indiana Invitational while Nowlin came in fourth individually.

Illini place sixth, Nowlin comes in fourth at Indiana Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer April 19, 2021

The Illini’s women's golf team had its second-best finish of the season during the Indiana Invitational and are now turning their attention toward conference opponents for the upcoming Big Ten Championship.  The...

Load More Stories