Illinois ties for second at Big Ten Tournament

By Claire O'Brien, Staff Writer

April 23, 2019

Filed under Golf, Sports, Top Stories, Uncategorized, Women's Sports

The Illinois women’s golf team finished tied for second at the Big Ten Tournament Friday and Sunday in Maineville, Ohio. The Illini had a bumpy start in the tournament, at one point being tied for fifth. However, at the end of Friday, freshman Kornkamol Sukaree was tied for first and junior Tristyn...

Lone senior Singhsumalee finds passion off the course

By Claire O'Brien, Staff Writer

April 22, 2019

Filed under Golf, Sports, Uncategorized, Women's Sports

Illinois women’s golf senior Bing Singhsumalee has had a love for golf since she was four years old, but it wasn’t her only passion. Growing up, Singhsumalee first began to golf with her father, swinging a club for the first time at 4 years old and soon participated in golf tournaments. “I rem...

Young team will be key to success in upcoming Big Ten Championships

By Claire O'Brien, Staff Writer

April 18, 2019

Filed under Golf, Sports, Women's Sports

The Illinois women’s golf team is going back to Maineville, Ohio, for the Big Ten Championships Friday through Sunday. The team will be making its second trip to Ohio after facing Ohio State last weekend. The Big Ten Championships have been held at the Maineville course for the past three years, so the...

Illini finish fourth

Illini finish fourth

By Claire O’Brien, Staff Writer

April 11, 2019

The Illinois women’s golf team finished in fourth place at the Clemson Invitational in Sunset, South Carolina, Tuesday. The No. 22-ranked team, according to figthingillini.com, had a strong performance through all three rounds, finishing play Sunday in third place and Monday in fourth place. Tuesday’s final round was canceled due to inclement weather toward the end of the play, making the Mond...

Nowlin learns, grows from competition

Nowlin learns, grows from competition

By Claire O'Brien, Staff Writer

April 8, 2019

Illini junior golfer Tristyn Nowlin competed at Augusta National’s first women’s amateur this week. According to her biography on the Augusta National Women’s Amateur site, this isn’t Nowlin’s first foray into prestigious amateur tournaments; Nowlin was a runner-up at the Women’s Western Natio...

Nowlin to compete at Augusta

Nowlin to compete at Augusta

By Claire O'Brien, Staff writer

March 28, 2019

Filed under Golf, Sports, Sports Top Stories, Women's Sports

Junior Tristyn Nowlin is set to compete at Augusta National on April 3-6 in the inaugural Augusta National Women’s Amateur. The tournament will be held before the PGA Masters, Augusta National’s most notable event of the year, and just prior to the Illinois men’s team 3M Augusta Invitational A...

Women’s golf takes home 11th-place finish

By Claire O'Brien, Staff writer

March 21, 2019

The No. 25 Illinois women’s golf team competed Monday and Tuesday in Johns Island, South Carolina, at the Briar’s Creek Invitational hosted by the College of Charleston. Heading into Tuesday, the Illini were in eighth place but fell three spots during the day. The Illini finished 11 out of 17 team...

Team heads to South Carolina; Nowlin off to Augusta

By Claire O'Brien, Staff writer

March 7, 2019

On Feb. 24 and 25, No. 18 Illinois women’s golf competed at the Westbrook Invitational in Peoria, Arizona. The Illini took third at the tournament, hosted by Wisconsin. Fellow Big Ten team Nebraska took first and Illinois collectively shot minus nine for the weekend. Heading into Monday in eighth place at ...

Illinois caps off successful fall season

By Gabby Hajduk, Staff Writer

November 1, 2018

The No. 18 Illinois women’s golf team closed out its fall season in Dallas at the Trinity Forest Invitational. Appearing in the tournament for the first time, the Illini outpaced top-50 ranked teams like Tennessee and Oregon State by at least nine strokes to take the title. The first-place finish...

Women’s golf finishes strong at Cardinal Cup

By Gabby Hadjuk, Staff Writer

October 24, 2018

Filed under Golf, Sports, Top Stories, Women's Sports

On Saturday, the Illinois women’s golf team traveled to Kentucky to compete in the annual Cardinal Cup, hosted by the University of Louisville. At their fourth-consecutive appearance in the tournament, the Illini finished at the top of the 14-team field with a score of 863 (-1). Illinois took a...

Cardinal Cup will pose new challenges for team

By Contributing Writer, Gabby Hajduk

October 18, 2018

Coming off a record-breaking performance at the Illini Women’s Invitational, the No. 20 Illinois women’s golf team is set to compete at the Cardinal Cup this weekend. The University of Louisville hosts the annual tournament in Simpsonville, Kentucky. Last year at the Cardinal Cup, the team finished second in a f...

Women’s golf breaks records at Medinah

Women’s golf breaks records at Medinah

By Gabby Hajduk, Contributing Writer

October 17, 2018

Filed under Golf, Women's Sports

The Illinois women’s golf team hosted their first tournament in 10 years in Medinah at the beginning of the week. The team continued its solid start to the season, finishing third, below Purdue and Kent State. Along with the team's top-3 finish in a competitive field, the Illini broke multiple records....

Next Page »