Cardinal Cup will pose new challenges for team

By Contributing Writer, Gabby Hajduk

October 18, 2018

Filed under Golf, Sports, Women's Sports

Coming off a record-breaking performance at the Illini Women’s Invitational, the No. 20 Illinois women’s golf team is set to compete at the Cardinal Cup this weekend. The University of Louisville hosts the annual tournament in Simpsonville, Kentucky. Last year at the Cardinal Cup, the team finished second in a f...

Women’s golf breaks records at Medinah

Women’s golf breaks records at Medinah

By Gabby Hajduk, Contributing Writer

October 17, 2018

Filed under Golf, Women's Sports

The Illinois women’s golf team hosted their first tournament in 10 years in Medinah at the beginning of the week. The team continued its solid start to the season, finishing third, below Purdue and Kent State. Along with the team's top-3 finish in a competitive field, the Illini broke multiple records....

From California to Illinois: Freshmen golfers bring new energy to team

By Gabby Hajduk, Contributing Writer

October 9, 2018

Filed under Golf, Sports, Top Stories, Women's Sports

Freshmen golfers Crystal Wang and Kornkamol Sukaree have history on the golf course together. Both golfers are from Southern California and live about 40 miles from each other. Because Wang and Sukaree hail from the same area, they competed in some of the same tournaments in high school but never...

Women’s golf pics up first win of season

By Gabby Hajduk, Contributing Writer

September 28, 2018

At the beginning of the week, the No. 23 Illinois women’s golf team competed at the Coeur D'Alene Collegiate Resort in Idaho, hosted by Gonzaga University. The Illini finished at the top of the 18-team field, earning their first win of the season. The Illini took an early lead after the first ro...

Women’s golf tie for third-place in first tournament of the season

By Gabby Hajduk, Contributing Writer

September 25, 2018

Filed under Golf, Top Stories, Women's Sports

The Illinois women’s golf team began their fall season in Knoxville, Tennessee at the Mercedes-Benz Collegiate, which marks the program's fourth-consecutive year appearing in the tournament. The Illini tied Charlotte for a third-place finish out of 17 teams. Finishing at 24-over-par, Illinois was only ou...

Soccer thrives, tennis and golf gear up

Soccer thrives, tennis and golf gear up

By Meghan Rest, Assistant Sports Editor

September 17, 2018

Filed under Golf, Golf, Men's Sports, Soccer, Sports, Tennis, Tennis, Women's Sports

For the Illinois soccer, men’s golf and men’s tennis teams, the fall serves as a chance to shake the off-season rust. While the men’s tennis team starts up this coming weekend, the Illinois soccer and men’s golf teams are in full swing. Soccer Illinois soccer kicked off their regular Big Ten seaso...

Women’s golf headed to NCAA regionals in Madison

By Rachel Spencer, Staff Writer

May 3, 2018

On April 25, the NCAA announced this year’s sites for the Division I women’s golf regionals. The Illini will be heading up north this year to the University Ridge Golf Course in Madison, Wisconsin, and will be hosted by the Badgers May 7-9. After play concludes on May 9, the top six teams in the ...

Women’s golf takes second at Big Ten Championships

By Rachel Spencer, Staff Writer

April 26, 2018

The last time the Illinois women’s golf team finished in second place at the Big Ten Championships, The Commodores and Queen were in the Top 40 music charts, the nation was preparing to celebrate its bicentennial and Gerald Ford was President of the United States. Add in the fact that most of the 2018 team w...

Women’s golf turns attention to Big Ten Championships

By Rachel Spencer, Staff Writer

April 19, 2018

The Illini return to Ohio this weekend, this time to play in the Big Ten Championships. The three-day tournament will be held at TPC River’s Bend in Maineville, Ohio, Friday to Sunday. TPC River’s Bend hosted the Big Ten Championship the previous year, where the Illini finished in the middle of the f...

Illinois women’s golf outpaces Kent State

April 17, 2018

Over the weekend, the Illini women’s golf team played in the Lady Buckeye Invitational in Columbus, Ohio. The invitational, hosted by the Ohio State University, was played on the university's Scarlet Course. After two rounds of play, the Illini finished at the top of a field, which included eight...

A look inside the Illini’s golf bag

A look inside the Illini’s golf bag

By Rachel Spencer, Staff Writer

April 16, 2018

According to the United States Golf Association, a golfer can carry a maximum of 14 clubs in their bag at any given time. Along with those clubs, there are often a number of other objects that players may need during an 18-hole meet — golf balls, tees, ball markers, scorecards, yardage books and o...

Women’s golf seniors reflect on time as Illini

By Rachel Specner, Staff Writer

April 5, 2018

As March finally gives way to April, members of the class of 2018 set their sights on an end goal:  commencement and the honor of receiving a diploma from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. This May, the women’s golf team will say farewell to four graduating seniors. Dana Gattone, Grace Par...

Next Page »