Senior Tristyn Nowlin completes her last first drive at the NCAA Columbus Regional meet May 12. The Illinois women's golf team placed 13th in the tournament.

Illini finish 13th at NCAA Columbus Regional

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer May 12, 2021

After marching its way into the NCAA Regional tournament each of the four last postseasons, the Illinois women’s golf has seen its season officially come to an end after placing 13th at this year’s...

The women's golf team sits together as they wait to play their Big Ten Tournament. The team is now preparing to play the NCAA Tournament this Monday.

lllini advance to NCAA Regional, look to make championship for second straight season

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer May 9, 2021

The Illinois women’s golf team had no idea if it was advancing to the NCAA Regional tournament, as the Illini were right on the threshold. But their fate was revealed halfway through the NCAA Selection...

Senior Tristyn Nowlin hits the golf ball as the team places ninth in their Big Ten Championships. Tristyn finished 22nd in the tournament.

Illini finish ninth at Big Ten Championship

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer April 25, 2021

The Illinois women’s golf team placed ninth out of thirteen teams at this year’s Big Ten Championship in Maineville, Ohio. The team had two golfers finish in the top 25.  The first round of competition...

The Illinois women's golf team poses for a photo on a golf green. The team will be traveling to Maineville, Ohio in just a few days for the Big Ten Championship.

Illinois golf set to begin postseason play with Big Ten Championship

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer April 22, 2021

The postseason battle has just begun for the Illinois women’s golf team. The team will be traveling to Maineville, Ohio in just a few days for the Big Ten Championship. The Illini are heading into...

Senior Tristyn Nowlin swings her club on a cool day. The Illinois women's golf team came in sixth place at the Indiana Invitational while Nowlin came in fourth individually.

Illini place sixth, Nowlin comes in fourth at Indiana Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer April 19, 2021

The Illini’s women's golf team had its second-best finish of the season during the Indiana Invitational and are now turning their attention toward conference opponents for the upcoming Big Ten Championship.  The...

Junior Crystal Wang finishes a swing on a sunny day. The women's golf team will play their final regular-season tournament of the year this weekend in Bloomington, Indiana for the Indiana Invitational.

Illinois closes out regular season with trip to Indiana

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer April 16, 2021

The Big Ten Championships were less than two weeks ago, and time is winding down for the Illinois women’s golf team to get in its final regular-season preparation. After finishing in fifth place...

Senior Tristyn Nowlin squats down to plan her putt on the green. Nowlin prepares for a professional golfing career in her fifth year on the Illini women’s golf team.

Nowlin uses fifth season, program’s resources to pursue professional career

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer April 14, 2021

As last year’s golf season was winding down with three regular season tournaments remaining, senior Tristyn Nowlin and the women’s golf team had straightforward expectations: they wanted to make a...

Senior Tristyn Nowlin begins a put during a match on a warm day. The Fighting Illini women’s tennis team placed fifth at the Clemson Invitational with Nowlin tying for third place individually.

Illinois places fifth at Clemson Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer March 28, 2021

Even with inclement weather suspending the tournament for a day with four holes remaining, the Illini managed to finish out with a strong performance at the Clemson Invitational. Illinois finished with...

Junior Crystal Wang completes a swing during the third round of the NCAA championships on May 20, 2019. Tristyn Nowlin and Crystal Wang hope for a successful weekend in Sunset, South Carolina for the Clemson Invitational.

Nowlin, Wang hope for success at Clemson Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer March 26, 2021

Women’s golf head coach Renee Slone and her team will be traveling to Sunset, South Carolina for the Clemson Invitational this weekend.  The Illini finished 11th at their previous tournament at the...

Isabel Sy swings her club during a tournament in Florida in early February. The women's golf team will soon travel to South Carolina to compete in the Briar's Creek Collegiate Invitational starting on Monday.

Illinois travel to South Carolina for Briar’s Creek Collegiate Invitational

By Renato Arteaga, Staff Writer March 15, 2021

After a month hiatus of competing, the Illini women's golf team are set to travel East for the two-day Briar's Creek Collegiate Invitational that will start on Monday. The Illini will be in John’s...

Freshman Isabel Sy swings her club for a promotional image. Sy faced some challenges in moving from California to Illinois during a pandemic but has been welcomed by the team and quickly found her place.

Freshman Isabel Sy adjusts to new teammates, environment

By Jaden Katz, Contributing Writer February 8, 2021

When Illini women’s golfer Isabel Sy first arrived on campus, she was burdened with many challenges that all freshmen face when leaving home for the first time. Coming all the way from San Israel,...

Illinois women's golf head coach Renee Slone poses for a headshot.

Illini women’s golf uses extra offseason to prepare for spring

By Jaden Katz, Contributing Writer November 19, 2020

Last March after their season was cut short due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Illinois women’s golf team was left to ponder what could’ve been. Months of tournaments and practices were supposed to...

Load More Stories