Players to watch: Illinois vs. Syracuse

Illinois:#7 Juice Williams

Position: Quarterback

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Chicago

Height: 6-feet-2

Weight: 223 lbs.

Through the first two weeks of the season the Illini faithful have yet to see Juice Williams show the improvements that were talked about often in the offseason. Williams looked to be on the brink of something big in the Missouri game, but the injury to his head kept Illini fans waiting. Illinois mostly kept the ball on the ground last week against Western Illinois. So look for Williams to be healthy and ready to prove he has improved from last year by having a big game against the Orange.

Syracuse: #9 Andrew Robinson

Position: Quarterback

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Baltimore

Height: 6-feet-3

Weight: 222 lbs.

Like Williams, Robinson is a true sophomore who has the weight of the program on his shoulders. But unlike Williams, this is Robinson’s first year starting, and through two games he’s shown his inexperience. The Baltimore native has averaged 139 passing yards per game and completed just more than 50 percent of his passes. He does, however, have one thing Williams does not this year: a touchdown pass. More importantly, Robinson has thrown just one interception this season. For Syracuse to win its first game of the season Robinson will have to make sure to keep mistakes at a minimum and try to keep the Illinois defense on the field.