Check realtor’s records before signing a lease

What does a complaint mean? Esther Patt, coordinator of the University’s Tenant Union, cautioned that number of complaints is not necessarily an indicator of a landlord’s reputation. The degree of the complaint is just as important for a renter to know. The details of each complaint listed here can be found by visiting the Tenant Union.What does a complaint mean?

Esther Patt, coordinator of the University’s Tenant Union, cautioned that number of complaints is not necessarily an indicator of a landlord’s reputation. The degree of the complaint is just as important for a renter to know. The details of each complaint listed here can be found by visiting the Tenant Union.

How to file a complaint

City of Champaign:

File a complaint at the city building, 102 N. Neil St., call the Neighborhood Services office at (217) 403-7070 or file a complaint online at http://ci.champaign.il.us/topics/health-safety/registering-a-neighborhood-or-housing-complaint/

City of Urbana:

File a complaint at the city building, 400 S. Vine St., call the Building Safety Division at (217) 384-2436.

Tenant Union:

File a complaint at the Tenant Union, room 326 of the Illini Union, call (217) 333-0112 or e-mail [email protected].

Source: The Tenant Union