Police reports — April 3, 2009

By Colleen Vest

• A 24-year-old man was arrested and a 27-year-old man was issued Illinois Vehicle Code offense at the intersection of Clayton Boulevard and W. Bradley Avenue, late Saturday night. According to the police report, the 27-year-old was stopped for a routine traffic stop. He was issued citations for operating an uninsured motor vehicle, improper lane usage and an in-state warrant. The 24-year-old passenger was arrested for an in-state warrant.
  • A 32-year-old woman and a 35-year-old man reported burglary at the 1800 block of Emerson Drive, March 25. According to the police report, an unknown offender entered the victims’ garage and cars. A digital camera, cell phone, and MP3 player were among the items taken.
  • A 19-year-old man was issued a notice to appear at the 800 block of S. Sixth Street, early Thursday morning. According to the police report, the man was seen carrying an open bottle of beer in the roadway and was issued a notice to appear.
  • An 18-year-old man, a 20-year-old man and a 21-year-old man were arrested at the 600 block of Eureka Street, early Thursday morning. According to the police report, the three men battered a 25-year-old man with a bat and landscaping timbers. The three men were arrested for aggravated battery and mob action.
  • A 35-year-old man was arrested at the intersection of W. Columbia and N. Prospect Avenue, Friday. According to the police report, the man was stopped for a traffic violation. He was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs, driving with a suspended/revoked driver’s license, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and following too closely.
  • Urbana

• A 45-year-old man reported theft and criminal damage to property at the 1200 block of Montgomery Street, Thursday morning. According to the police report, an unknown offender broke the driver’s side window of the man’s vehicle and stole a CD player.
  • University

• Property damage was reported at the 1200 block of S. Fourth Street, Thursday. According to the police report, an unknown offender spray painted graffiti on an outer wall of Barton Hall, 1205 S. Fourth St., in Champaign, sometime between 5 p.m. Tuesday and 6 p.m. Wednesday. Damage was estimated at $300.
  • Property damage was reported at the 300 block of E. Green Street, early Wednesday morning. According to the police report, an unknown offender threw a rock off the balcony of an apartment and hit a UI police department squad car. Damage was estimated at $200.

Compiled by Colleen Vest