NFL pick’em: Week Three

With Week Two of the NFL season in the books, it’s time to hyper-analyze the available statistics and turn our attention to the upcoming weekend’s matchups:

*New England @ Buffalo*

Ryan Fitzpatrick passed with great efficiency in Weeks One and Two (472 yds, 7 TDs, 1 INT), but Tom Brady has been doing it for years.

Prediction: Patriots 42, Bills 24

*San Francisco @ Cincinatti*

It’s unlikely Andy Dalton can recreate the success he had against the Broncos in Week Two (322 yards/2 TDs). The 49ers will redeem themselves after losing to Dallas in overtime.

Prediction: 49ers 20, Bengals 17

*Miami @ Cleveland*

After losses to the Patriots and Texans, the Dolphins will be grateful to be playing a team like the Browns. Stopping Peyton Hillis is easier said than done, but Miami has a history of shattering hope in Cleveland, albeit in a different sport.

Prediction: Dolphins 17, Cleveland 13

*Denver @ Tennessee*

The Broncos will have their hands full with Titans wideout Kenny Britt, which should help Chris Johnson break out of his slow start.

Prediction: Titans 24, Denver 20

*Detroit @ Minnesota*

Calvin Johnson has scored on four of his nine receptions in the first two weeks; he’ll probably add to that total this week. Until Donovan McNabb proves he can run the offense, Adrian Peterson will struggle to find running lanes.

Prediction: Lions 28, Vikings 21

*Houston @ New Orleans*

Expect a video game-like score as high-octane offense will be on display. It doesn’t sound like Arian Foster will be playing (“hamstring”:http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2011/9/22/2442199/arian-foster-status-injury-houston-texans). Unfortunately for the Texans defense, Drew Brees will be playing.

Prediction: Saints 35, Texans 28

*New York Giants @ Philadelphia*

He may have been concussed, but Michael Vick was still able to remind fans in Atlanta “what the score was”:http://www.ology.com/sports/vick-staggers-field-atlanta-spitting-blood-pointing-scoreboard on Sunday night. Showing no regard for his own brain, Vick practiced Thursday and — to the Eagles’ delight — looks like he will play this weekend. Expect the Eagles rebound from a tough loss.

Prediction: Eagles 30, Giants 20

*Jacksonville @ Carolina*

Cam Newton should get his first career NFL victory against fellow rookie Blaine Gabbert, taking over for Luke McCown, who has four interceptions and no touchdowns this year.

Prediction: Panthers 24, Jaguars 17

*New York Jets @ Oakland*

The Raiders are going to give the ball to Darren McFadden … a lot. The Raiders are solid against the run, so Mark Sanchez will be forced to air it out. The Jets win a game that will be closer than some think.

Prediction: Jets 20, Raiders 16

*Baltimore @ St. Louis*

Sam Bradford may be a great quarterback, but he can’t do it all on his own. All Ravens in this game.

Prediction: Ravens 28, Rams 17

*Kansas City @ San Diego*

The Kansas City Chiefs can’t catch a break. After Stevie Johnson “tore Eric Berry’s ACL”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDaKiDMqZz4 in Week One, running back Jamaal Charles “managed to do the same”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrvHzaDxBug in Week Two.

Prediction: Chargers 28, Chiefs 14

*Green Bay @ Chicago*

Should be another great Bears-Packers matchup, but Rodgers may prove too much for the Bears to handle. The Packers have had the Bears number as of late — winning four of their last five against Chicago.

Prediction: Packers 20, Chicago 17

*Arizona @ Seattle*

Seattle will continue to struggle offensively, but at least they might score this week. NFC West football at its finest.

Prediction: Cardinals 17, Seahawks 13

*Atlanta @ Tampa Bay*

The Buccaneers have struggled to stop the run this year and will get a healthy dosage of Michael Turner this weekend.

Prediction: Falcons 21, Buccaneers 17

*Pittsburgh @ Indianapolis*

The Colts’ woes continue as the Steelers dominate.

Prediction: Steelers 31, Colts 13

*Washington @ Dallas*

DeAngelo Hall might be aiming for Tony Romo’s busted ribs, but if Romo’s “overtime performance”:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IoC2A98NtM last Sunday is any indication — Dallas will be fine.

Prediction: Cowboys 24, Redskins 17

_Kevin Thornton is a sophomore in Media. He can be reached at [email protected]._