Event to help instructors interpret ICES

The Center for Teaching Excellence will hold a workshop for instructors to become more familiar with the Instructor and Course Evaluation System, or ICES, used at the University.

The workshop will be held from noon to 1 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17, in Room 428 of the Armory Building. The event is free, but registration is required.

ICES is a system that gives students the chance to rate their instructors. Led by Chris Migotsky, head of the Division of Measurement and Evaluation, this workshop will allow attendees to interpret ICES results and look at research related to these student evaluations.

Instructors will also get the chance to compare their results to alumni surveys and peer observations.

“Primarily, when they get the results from the ICES back, they’ll be able to interpret them to better the quality of their courses for themselves and for their students,” Migotsky said.

The CTE encourages attendees to bring their own ICES results. Questions will be answered throughout the workshop. For more information, contact Chris Migotsky at (217)333-3490.