How to look fashionably comfortable

By Alexander Vassiliadis

As final exams approach and the weather grows colder, it can be tempting to give up on looking stylish and opt for a wardrobe of oversized hoodies and sweatpants instead. However, being fashionable doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice being comfortable. Whether you’re going to an ironic ugly sweater party or just hitting the books, here are some classy outfits that take little time and effort. 

The Ugly Sweater Party: 

Beyond the ugly holiday sweater, which can be purchased at a local thrift store, here are fashion tips for the rest of one’s ensemble.

Girls:

To make up for the unfathomable ugliness of the holiday sweater, throw on a pair of skinny jeans and black tie heels.  

Guys: 

A nice pair of khakis and some formal black loafers will contrast well with the ugly sweater. If you want to go all out, whip out the cap-tie formal onyx boots and put on a blazer. You just turned that ugly sweater getup into the best outfit of the night. 

The Semi-Formal Apartment Party: 

Girls:

Take advantage of the season’s festive colors. A classic sequin dress is stylish and fitting with the holiday season. Some gold heels will do the trick for this outfit.

Guys:

Throw on a pair of purple slim jeans and a button-down shirt; add a tie for bonus points. A simple beige sports coat will compliment the purple. Slip on some light-russet oxfords and it’s show-time.

The … Library: 

Girls:

A crochet sweater dress with leggings and boots is both comfortable and stylish. The boots can be anything from a simple pair of UGGs to a pair of knee-highs. If you want to add more of a cute component, you can compromise with some black sneakers.

Guys:

Study in style with a colored, cotton sweater, or vest over a T-shirt, and jeans. Add plush loafers, and you’re all set. Some black high-tops can apply here if you want a sportier look.

Alex is a freshman in LAS. He can be reached at [email protected].