11 Movies to Watch on Netflix Over Winter Break

By Raymond Sobcazk

Netflix can make any night a movie night. But with countless options available, how do you decide which movies to watch?

Luckily for you guys, I have watched hundreds of movies on Netflix (even the bad ones) and have come up with a list of 13 must-see movies. Grab the popcorn and enjoy.

1 | The Hunger Games

In the first installment of this action-packed trilogy, Katniss Everdeen is forced to compete in a televised fight to death. Instead of obediently following the rules of the game, Katniss fights the forces that put her there.

2 | The Avengers

Thor’s brother Loki, the Asgardian god of mischief and lies, plots to subjugate the world. Marvel superheroes such as Iron Man, Captain America and the Hulk unite together to stop Loki from succeeding.

3 | 13 Going on 30

Jenna Rink, played by Jennifer Garner, turns into her 30-year-old self when she makes a wish to be older at her 13th birthday party. The transformation teaches Rink to live in the present and appreciate her youth.

4 | The Breakfast Club

In this cult-classic, a ragtag group of high school students endure Saturday detention and learn invaluable life lessons along the way.

5 | Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

Ferris Bueller, a high school slacker, plays hooky for the umpteenth time. He goes on an adventure with his two best friends and narrowly gets caught by his family and scheming principal throughout the day.

6 | Amber Alert

As two friends follow a car whose driver is a reported kidnapper, they begin to realize that their lives may be in danger.

7 | Zodiac

This movie is based on true events about the Zodiac Killer that murdered citizens of northern California. Follow Jake Gyllenhaal as he plays a reporter trying to catch the killer.

8 | National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

In this holiday classic, the Griswolds celebrates Christmas by lighting up the entire block with their Christmas lights, upsetting their neighbors and kidnapping Clark’s boss.

9 | Last Holiday

When Queen Latifah’s character, Georgia Byrd, is given only a few months to live, she decides to spend her last holiday on vacation spending her life savings.

10 | Titanic

In this film, two lovers, Jack and Rose, battle class segregation and the tragic sinking of the ship.

11 | Freedom Writers

An English teacher in the inner part of Los Angeles makes it her goal to make her students better writers, and, ultimately, better people.

Raymond is a junior in Media. He can be reached at [email protected].