Four UI grads schools placed in national university ranking report

By Daily Illini Staff Report

U.S. News & World Report’s graduate school rankings for 2015 were issued Tuesday.

The University earned sixth for best engineering graduate school, 26th for education graduate school, 35th for business graduate school and 40th for law schools.

In the 2014 report, the University placed in a six-way tie at 41st for national universities. The University also finished 11th among public universities, in a three-way tie with University of California– Santa Barbara and University of Wisconsin– Madison. 

“We know that prospective students pay attention to rankings, and it’s always nice when they recognize our excellence,” said Robin Kaler, University spokeswoman in an email. “However, they do not represent the metrics by which we measure our success and impact.”

A previous version of this article incorrectly stated that the U.S. News and World Report issued 2015 rankings of national and public universities. The 2015 rankings for graduate school were issued. The 2015 rankings for national and public universities have not been issued yet. The Daily Illini regrets the error.