Illinois athletics creating first ‘Illini Fan Council’

By Daily Illini Staff Report

The Illinois Division of Intercollegiate Athletics is inviting season-ticket holders to apply for the first ever Illini Fan Council. The council is designed to create a productive dialogue between season-ticket holders and the DIA.

Members of the council must be a season-ticket holder in either football, volleyball, men’s basketball or women’s basketball. Members serve one-year terms beginning in February and must be able to participate in four meetings annually.

The council will have opportunities to contribute ideas, opinions and feedback to the DIA. 

“One of our main goals heading into 2015 is to enhance the experience around Fighting Illini athletics,” said Director of Athletics Mike Thomas in a DIA press release. “By forming this new group, the DIA will have a direct line to our stakeholders that will help us make the most of every interaction with Illini Nation. 

“This is the first in a series of new initiatives that we will be rolling out over the next few months and we look forward to engaging our most passionate Illini season-ticket holders and hearing their feedback.”

Fans can apply at fightingillini.com.