Sept. 2 Quick Commentary

By Kaanan Raja

Alma Approved

Back to Hogwarts

In case you live under a rock and don’t understand the symbolism of September 1, yesterday was the official start of the Hogwarts’ term. As if sensing the nostalgia, J.K. Rowling released a series of tweets congratulating Harry Potter’s son, James, on his first day of school. For those curious, James was sorted into Gryffindor (as if that’s a surprise) and Teddy Lupin was sorted into Hufflepuff and is also Head Boy. Congratulations to the first years!

DI Denied

The College Dropout to Run for President

When Wiz Khalifa announced his plan to run for president, it was easily dismissed because of something called an “age requirement.” But then Donald Trump trumped his ridiculousness by signing up — and doing quite well. As if the presidential race couldn’t get any weirder, Kanye West plans to throw his hat in the ring for 2020. Hey, famous people with little political knowledge, how about you don’t run for president any more?

Alma Approved

Ba-Da-Ba-Ba-Breakfast. I’m Lovin’ It

It’s finally happening, everyone. Gone are the days when you wake up too late for an Egg McMuffin after a long night out. McDonald’s is going to start offering all day breakfast starting Oct. 6. Nothing is better than breakfast for dinner, and even though McDonald’s is pretty gross on principle, their breakfast selection has always been the exception. In other food related news, rumor has it the Pumpkin Spice Latte is coming back in the next few weeks. What a time to be alive.