Deadline to add a class approaches this Friday

Fall semester dates to remember.

With the first week of classes officially in the books, students are slowly getting adjusted to their new classes. Syllabi have been handed out, introductory homework assignments about getting to know your classmates have been submitted and textbooks have been bought (or so your professors hope).

Now, the real work begins.

Classes will begin ramping up in intensity and workload. Homework will become a nightly occurrence, and the UGL will start filling up by 9 p.m. It may seem like there isn’t enough time in the day to get all of your assignments done.

The information overload from classes can sometimes cause you to forget about other commitments or important dates.

Some days you might feel lucky to remember to eat lunch, let alone remember the October Lovers’ informational meeting at 7 p.m. tonight.

Here is a list of some upcoming dates and deadlines that you don’t want to forget.

Deadline to add a semester class – Sept. 2
This Friday is the last day that students can add a semester long course to their schedule for the fall 2016 semester. Students can still add eight week courses that begin during the second half of the semester.

Deadline to return textbooks – Sept. 2
The deadline to return textbooks to the Illini Union Bookstore is also this Friday. Any book returned before then with a receipt will be fully refunded. If you return a textbook after the deadline, it will fall under the bookstore’s buyback program where it will be bought back for 56% of the original price.

Deadline to drop first eight week course – Sept. 16
Students have about two more weeks to decide whether they want to remain in any eight week courses that are part of term A.

Deadline to drop semester class – Oct. 14
This is the final day to drop any semester long course without a grade of W.