Police Blotter for September 18, 2016

By Aaron Navarro, Assistant Daytime News Editor

• A sexual assault was reported in the 900 block of Bloomington Road around 1 p.m. on Thursday. 

According to the report, the victim reported he was sexually assaulted by the suspect.

• A case of retail theft was reported in the 2600 block of N Prospect Ave. at Walmart around 5 p.m. on Thursday.

According to the report, officers arrested two 18-year-old females on the charge of retail theft. One cosmetic/toiletries item was reported stolen.

• A 43-year-old male was arrested on multiple charges in the 2400 block of Village Green Place around 1 p.m. Thursday.

According to the report, the offender was charged with forgery and obstructing the justice after attempting to cash a fraudulent check.

• A burglary was reported at Morrill Hall on the 500 block of S. Goodwin Ave. between 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday and 2:00 a.m. on Thursday.

According to the report, a University employee reported that the contents of several packages had been stolen. After having previously seen the packages next to a mailing drop box, the employee found the emptied boxes in the trash. The total retail value of the stolen items is $312.59.

• A domestic dispute was reported in the 2000 block of Lincoln Ave. around 1 p.m. on Saturday.

According to the report, the dispute was at the Comfort Suites hotel. The couple had previously been in a dating relationship. The offender began a verbal argument with the victim before leaving the area.

• A case of animal cruelty was reported in the 900 block of Water Street around 1:30 p.m. Friday.

According to the report, the offender left her dog outside in the rain with no food, water or shelter. Witnesses observed the dog outside in these conditions for several hours. The offender later came to the Urbana Police Department and was charged with animal cruelty and not having a rabies tag on their dog.

• A sexual assault was reported in the 100 block of Main Street around 3:30 p.m. on Friday.

According to the report, the Urbana Police Department were notified of the sexual assault by hospital staff. The victim had already left the hospital before police were notified.

Compiled by Aaron Navarro