Best of CU: Best Drunk Food

By Julia Youman, Staff Writer

Picture this: you’re stumbling home from a late night at KAMS or Red Lion, and you’re in dying need of food. Few places are open after 10 p.m., but one place that is open late enough to cater to the night owls is burrito king, which C-U has also voted the best drunk food.

Positioned right off of Fifth and Green streets, the restaurant claims to be home to the best Mexican food in the Champaign-Urbana area, and students seem to agree. For anyone craving a late night bite after a night out, this is the perfect spot. With two locations in Champaign and a traveling food truck, Burrito King makes it easy to grab a delicious late-night taco, burrito or quesadilla.

It’s the perfect place to go after game day at KAMS, a night out in Red Lion’s beer garden or dancing at Joe’s Brewery. Other than being closed on Sundays, the location on Green Street stays open from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m every night, making it accessible for anyone who is out at any time of the night.

Whether you are in the mood for a quick lunch, snack or last-minute dinner, Burrito King is the place to go for a delicious bite to eat. And while the line is often out the door due to its extreme popularity, it moves quickly, and the food comes out fast.

They’ve managed to keep their prices low all these years, making it the best place to get drunk food after spending money at the bars. If Green Street is too far, make sure to check their Facebook page for daily updates as to where their food truck is, which usually changes every two hours.