Best of CU: Best Food Truck

By Nora Duffy, Contributing Writer

Pandamonium Doughnuts won the hearts of C-U with its hand crafted doughnuts and creative recipes. The shop started as a home kitchen hobby in 2013 and has since become a successful business in C-U. It sells doughnuts, coffee and more from both its food truck and store. The truck can be found Wednesdays through Fridays at the corner of Goodwin Avenue and Oregon Street between the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts and Espresso Royale. The truck opens at 8 a.m. and closes when they sell out of products.

Pandamonium Doughnuts has its own original recipes and constantly experiments. It is always trying out new ways to make pastries and incorporate seasonal flavors throughout the year. Fall flavors are making an appearance now, including apple cider and pumpkin spice doughnuts. The truck is a perfect spot to stop for a quick bite of delicious, autumnal treats.

In the morning before opening, employees make and decorate everything from scratch. While this means their mouthwatering pastries frequently sell out before the store closes, it also means they are only offering fresh products. Pandamonium Doughnuts has become a staple part of the C-U community. Thanks to its constantly changing menu, this shop never gets old. Since they are always introducing new flavors, their products continue to be a surprise. If you’re ever looking for a tasty treat, try out Pandamonium Doughnuts. Just make sure to go early before the best ones are sold out!