Best of CU: Best Library

By Michelle Martinez, Contributing Writer

Need to find a book, do research quickly or cram for an exam you forgot you had? The Main Library offers a space for all your studying needs and so much more. The Main Library located on University of Illinois campus was voted Best Library for buzz’s Best of CU. Though many students pass the Main Library everyday, not everyone has experienced its beautiful interior or had a late-night study session there.

The Main Library is one of the largest public libraries in the U.S., and the resources are endless for any one who needs to do a research project or just simply wants to read.

Visit the reading room located on the second floor of the library for a nice place to study. In fact, the multiple windows letting sunlight shine throughout the day just makes the experience that much better. Don’t be afraid to ask for help from any staff or librarians; they are willing to help no matter what subject.

Class and meeting spaces are free to reserve for any projects coming up, and if you work better in a silent environment, the Main Library is the place to be. Also to note, there is a bridge connecting the Main Library and the UGL, so feel free to take advantage of this if you want a change of scenery. If you haven’t yet, take a visit to explore what the Main Library has to offer. You may find that it’s your new favorite spot to get some work done or just hang out with friends for a late night study session.