Best of CU: Best off-campus bar

By Kylie Corral, Contributing Writer

Many are familiar with some of the University of Illinois’ famous on-campus bars, but not many may be as familiar with the off-campus bar scene. Luckily, some students and many C-U locals know all about what’s great in the area, bar-wise and have cast in their vote for the best off-campus bar.

Coming in first place for buzz’s Best of C-U is the Blind Pig Brewery. With its main brewpub located at 120 N. Neil St., along with three other locations nearby, the brewery’s beer is widely recognized as the best of the best here in Champaign-Urbana.

In fact, it’s one of the best in the rest of the U.S. as well! Blind Pig Brewery has been voted 26th Best Beer Bar in the entire country by the Beer Advocate and has also made it into the top 150 bars in the United States by Imbible and Draft magazines. Along with those accomplishments, the Blind Pig Brewery has also been included in the top 100 Pabst Blue Ribbon and Jameson accounts in America.

As one of the highest-ranking beer breweries in the country, it’s no wonder it had been voted first here as the top in the C-U community. For those interested in grabbing the best drinks in the area, the brewery is open from 3 p.m. to 2 a.m. On Sundays, the bar closes at 11:30 p.m. If you and your friends want quality beer, the Blind Pig Brewery has it all.

Since opening in 1990, Blind Pig Brewery has been consistently crafting its beers to perfection. Chris Knight, the owner, and his beer-wise business partner Bill Morgan share a motive to make the best beverages for customers from all over.

So grab your friends and head over to Blind Pig Brewery to enjoy the best the C-U community has to offer!