Best of CU: Best Place to Cry on Campus

By Olivia Rosenberg, buzz Assistant Editor

Everybody cries. It’s a fact of life, but it’s especially true in college. The stress can be too much, and sometimes we just need a good cry to get us through the day. If there’s anything college students are in desperate need of, it’s a place to cry on campus without accidentally getting the attention of a dozen witnesses.

In a tree hidden area behind Foellinger Auditorium, the only onlookers you’ll find are two stone statues who luckily lack the ability to make judgements.

Located conveniently in the middle of the Main Quad, the quiet area is a great rest stop for anyone needing an emotional moment after a midterm or tough class. The few stone benches located behind the building are typically empty, a spot for anyone in need of a rest stop. It remains undisturbed by commuters throughout the day as they stick to the sidewalks and bike lanes around the area. The canopy of trees hanging overhead provides a calming environment for those needing a reminder of the beautiful nature on campus to cheer them up. Since the bell tower is nearby, it acts as a great 15 minute timer for those who just need a short breather.

It’s important to remember that there’s no shame in letting a cry out every once in a while, especially if you’re in college, and the C-U community has already agreed that these statues are a perfectly acceptable place to to do that. These status are the perfect alcove, hidden right in the center of the hustle and bustle on the Main Quad, to take a moment to yourself and cry it out.