Best of C-U | Editor’s note

By Kylie Corral, buzz Editor

It is my greatest excitement to present this year’s edition of buzz’s traditional paper: Best of C-U 2022. This edition is one that The Daily Illini’s staff have been looking forward to writing, editing and publishing, and it is a special opportunity for those who have won in their respective categories.

Best of C-U has become a cherished tradition in the Champaign-Urbana community, one where students and locals in the area get together to vote for their favorite places and reveal the hidden gems of the C-U area each and every year. The community comes together quite frequently, and proof of that can be found in the votes tallied for each category.

We hope that you find your place among the favorites that have been selected with the help of those who call C-U their home. After another long year, we wish that all those who are reading, as well as those who have been chosen as the best in their category, find unity and comfort in the C-U community.

Thank you to those who voted in support of local businesses and community spots this year. This collaboration is one that is definitely worth celebrating as the years keep coming, and we’re happy to be here for it. Congratulations to all the winners of this year’s Best of C-U!