‘Made You Look’ music video catches attention of Meghan Trainor fans

Meghan+Tranior+released+her+latest+album+Takin+it++back+on+Oct.+21.+

Photo courtesy of Genius

Meghan Tranior released her latest album “Takin’ it back” on Oct. 21.

By Lucy Bridges, Staff Writer

Meghan Trainor’s new song “Made You Look” has garnered support on various platforms like Spotify, Billboard Hot 100 and, most notably, TikTok. After the release of the song on Oct. 21, “Made You Look” went viral as people began making dance videos to the trending song. Trainor saw the popularity of the song on TikTok as an opportunity to reach her fans through a music video.

For the music video, Trainor partnered with the mobile game Candy Crush Saga, creating a lively, charming and creative candy-themed video.

The music video starts off emulating a traditional Hollywood movie set with Trainor as the star actress. The Hollywood theme is carried throughout the video as scenes where backup dancers pose as Trainor’s Fans, fictional press interviews and lavish Hollywood lifestyles are put together to create an amusing video.

The “Made You Look” song encourages body confidence, self-value and self-love. Trainor’s music video does the same and goes further to incorporate TikTok influencers who use their social media platforms to support, encourage and be transparent with their audience. Influencers like Jojo Siwa, Chris Olson, Remi Bader, Drew Afualo and Becca Means make appearances throughout as well.  

Together, along with Trainor and her history of pushing body confidence through her music, the influencers speak about mental health struggles, body confidence and garner support and representation for the LGBTQ+ community. The incorporation of these influencers within the music helped to show how the message of “Made You Look” resonates with different audiences. 

Trainor let her personality shine through her dancing, singing and wardrobe of the music video. With funky outfit changes, creative makeup looks, funny guest appearances, including her husband Daryl Sabara, Scott Hoying and a diverse cast of supporting dancers, Trainor showcased her unique presence in the music industry. 

Trainor has been representing a substantial positive presence in the music community since the release of her “All About That Bass” music video and hit album “Title” in 2014. The combination of humor, catchy lyrics, stellar dancing and authenticity has been a long-time pattern in Trainor’s work. 

Ending the video on a strong and humorous note, Chris Olson, a notable TikTok influencer and close friend of Trainor, enters the video and has a playful and sarcastic exchange with Trainor, continuing the amusing and feel-good energy of the video. 

The “Made You Look” music video emulates the energetic, charismatic, confident and fun energy that Trainor embodies throughout her presence in the music industry and on social media. The video has created great support for Trainor’s new album “Takin’ It Back”.