Australian singer Thomas Headon releases new single ‘Georgia’

Singer Thomas Headon releases his latest single, “Georgia” on Nov. 9.

Photo courtesy of Genius

By Caroline Sweeney, Staff Writer

British-born Australian singer, Thomas Headon, released his latest single, “Georgia” on Nov. 9.

Primarily an alternative and indie-rock artist, Headon is up and coming in the music industry with an average of 687,012 monthly listeners on Spotify. Along with this, he’s also currently co-headlining a tour in North America with British singer Alfie Templeman, another indie-rock artist.

Headon had a clip of the single saved as a TikTok sound to promote the tune before the official release. This interaction with social media also created speculation about who the song could be about.

Headon took to his second Tik Tok account and posted a video regarding the fan interest in the song. While part of the chorus played in the background he had other text written on the screen.

“Nobody knows that this song isn’t even about the American state Georgia, it’s actually Georgia D’Alia who I sat next to in English class in year 11,” Headon wrote. “So, Georgia, if you ever see this, hope you’re doing well, this song is named after you.” 

While this is how the lyrics were explained by the artist, in the comments of the video fans speculated that the song is really about Caroline Lusk, the girl he’s believed to be dating at the moment. 

Lusk is an social media influencer with over 70 thousand followers on Instagram and a little over 1.8 million followers on TikTok. Though neither Lusk or Headon have explicitly stated or denied anything, they do appear on each other’s socials acting romantic towards one another.

Only adding more fuel to the fire, Headon commented on that very same video writing, “Shoutout Georgia it’s actually about Caroline but still,” confirming that fans had been assuming correct the entire time.

As the song opens with a guitar softly playing, he sings, “It’s not her name but it’s still a state,” adding to the theory that the song is about Lusk. 

In another set of lyrics, Headon sings, “I’m tempted just to get on a plane/ Anything just to see her face,” which corroborates the fact of the pair’s relationship because Lusk and Headon live in different countries and have a grueling flight that separates them from each other.

There’s an instrumental buildup going into the chorus where he sings, “She’s so sweet/ And she’s so good/ But I won’t ever be in her neck of the woods.” This emphasizes her personality, as well as the devastating fact that they live in different places.

Though none of these theories have been confirmed, fans still believe it to be true.

Nonetheless, “Georgia” is just one of those songs you can blast while cruising down the road with your friends with the windows down and the volume up. Something people just can’t get enough of these days.

Now 22 years old, artist Headon has been releasing music since 2019 and has grown from a relatively unknown name, to a small artist on the rise. His final show in his North American Tour is Nov. 21, and after that fans are unsure what to expect.

Though Headon’s last EP, “Victoria” was released just this past March, it could still mean that there’s a potential for a new one coming soon, whether it’s at the end of this year or the beginning of the next.

However, for right now, “Georgia” is available right now on all streaming services. Fans will just have to wait and see what’s in store for Headon’s future in music.