Review | The Park Bar & Grill forks over bar favorites with a flavorful twist  

Mallory Miller
The Park Bar & Grill’s pub burger served with a side of fries and a basket of cheese bites

For those seeking a flavorful spin on classic bar food and a lively atmosphere, look no further than The Park Bar & Grill.

Located off-campus on Bradley Avenue in Champaign, students can walk a cumbersome hour and 24 minutes, hop on a bus for 25 minutes or drive 13 minutes from the Illini Union to reach the up-and-coming spot. 

The restaurant reopened on Oct. 4 and was founded in 2001 as a place for patrons to “watch sports, enjoy delicious food, and have a great time,” according to the restaurant’s website.

Upon entering the parking lot, customers can enjoy the scenery of the large, rustic patio located outside the restaurant with artistic lighting illuminating the area. 

Once inside, the multitiered space puts the customer in the driver’s seat of their dining experience by offering a vast selection of luxurious seating in the bar, main floor and upper deck.

While the menu has few dishes to choose from, the real star of the show is the restaurant’s sauce station, which includes uncommon flavors like citrus explosion, boom boom and Jamaican jerk along with classics like garlic parmesan and buffalo sauce to perk up any meal. 

The pub burger, advertised on the menu as one of the restaurant’s most popular entrées, includes a juicy and customizable cheeseburger with a side of fries.

With no upcharge, patrons can select any sauce from the sauce station and their favorite fresh burger toppings to round out their meal. 

The burger is deliciously tender and spiced to perfection, pairing well with the restaurant’s garlic parmesan sauce for a savory but napkins-required meal. 

The classic fries are perfectly golden and rich in flavor when coated with extra garlic parmesan sauce from the burger, providing an enjoyable two-for-one experience. 

The cheese bites are a great way to finish off the feast and come in a large basket filled to the brim with cheesy goodness. 

This buttery dinner addition features large cheese curds with a crispy fried coating suitable for the pickiest eaters. 

Paired with a bubbly soft drink or behind-the-bar option, you can’t go wrong with a palate-pleasing meal from The Park Bar & Grill.

The “popular spot for both locals and visitors alike” also contains a DJ table and professional sound system for those who appreciate a dinner and a show.

These are utilized for The Park Bar & Grill’s occasional theme nights, from karaoke to Latin dance, that entertain guests throughout the week, according to their Facebook page

For late-night eaters, the restaurant is open from 1 p.m. to midnight from Sunday to Wednesday and stays open until 2 a.m. from Thursday to Saturday.