Playlist to help ‘Quaranteenagers’ survive social-distancing

As you probably know, the coronavirus was labeled a global pandemic. In recent days several universities, including UIUC, have canceled all in-person classes and are transitioning to online classes. UIUC students recently found out that these online classes will be lasting for the rest of the semester in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. As a result, many students are returning to their permanent homes to continue the rest of the semester. The result of this was feelings of confusion, frustration and sadness among students, many of whom weren’t prepared to leave campus, their friends and college life and two months early.

Currently, people everywhere are encouraged to practice social distancing to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Social distancing measures include self-quarantining and only going out if absolutely necessary, limiting gatherings and canceling events. This, of course, could get very boring for a lot of people, especially for students who might be used to socializing every day at school. To make this period of social distancing and quarantining a little easier, here’s a “Quaranteenagers” (a new Internet term) playlist for those who might need a little motivation and words of encouragement in this confusing time.

The playlist begins with a few chill study songs to remind you to stay productive and to do your work since online classes can sometimes make focusing difficult. The middle of the playlist has a bunch of feel-good songs to remind you to keep your head up, even though that may be the last thing many people may feel they can do right now. The end of the playlist is all about songs to remind you that everything is going to be fine and to remind you that even though this is a global issue and a really difficult time, in the grand scheme of things, this is just a sliver of your life and it will get better. Happy listening and stay healthy!

1. Lo Que Siento – Cuco
  2. Another One – Mac Demarco
  3. 24 / 7 / 365 – Surfaces
  4. Menswear – The 1975
  5. Tongue Tied – Grouplove
  6. The Less I Know the Better – Tame Impala
  7. Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
  8. Sunday Candy – Donnie Trumpet & the Social Experiment
  9. No Tears Left to Cry – Ariana Grande
  10. Unwritten – Natasha Bedingfield
  11. Carry On – fun.
  12. Sign of the Times – Harry Styles
  13. Rainbow – Kacey Musgraves
  14. Fine Line – Harry Styles
  15. Hey Jude – The Beatles

This playlist can be found on the buzz Spotify page, @buzzmagcu.