Actor Jamie Foxx sued for sexual assault

Photo courtesy of IMDb
Jamie Foxx in 2017 Baran bo Odar film “Sleepless.”

Actor Jamie Foxx is currently being sued for a 2015 sexual assault incident in New York City.

TMZ first reported the news this afternoon after obtaining the lawsuit, which describes the incident occurring at rooftop lounge and bar Catch NYC & Roof in August 2015. 

The incident occurred after Doe took photos with the actor after spotting him at the restaurant. 

The lawsuit was filed earlier today by an anonymous Jane Doe under New York’s Adult Survivors Act, which will expire Friday after being in effect for one year and seeing 2,500 sexual abuse suits. 

Doe reported that a security guard of Foxx’s, along with several bystanders, saw the assault but chose to ignore it. 

Sign up for our newsletter!

In addition to Foxx, Doe is suing the restaurant as well as its employees for compensatory and punitive damages.

Doe is currently seeking a jury trial after claiming she was injured and forced to undergo medical treatment as a result of the incident. 

Foxx, winner of awards such as a Golden Globe, Academy Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, BAFTA, Grammy and more, is best known for lead roles in films such as “Ray,” “Collateral” and “The Burial.”