Latin artist Bad Bunny releases fifth album

Cover+art+of+Puerto+Rican+artist+Bad+Bunny%E2%80%99s+new+album+%E2%80%9Cnadie+sabe+lo+que+va+a+pasar+ma%C3%B1ana%E2%80%9D+on+Oct.+13.+
Photo courtesy of Genius
Cover art of Puerto Rican artist Bad Bunny’s new album “nadie sabe lo que va a pasar mañana” on Oct. 13.

Puerto Rican artist Bad Bunny dropped his new album “nadie sabe lo que va a pasar mañana,” which translates to “nobody knows what will happen tomorrow,” on Oct. 13.

The new album from the rapper and singer consists of 22 tracks, following hit singles “Where She Goes” and “Un Preview.” 

Bad Bunny posted the album cover and tracklist on Instagram Thursday night, posting the album cover and tracklist.

Translated into English, his message read “To those who love me, I love you so much… to my haters, I love you more. NOBODY KNOWS WHAT’S GOING TO HAPPEN TOMORROW. Don’t listen to it, enjoy it, this is for you.” 

The 29-year-old, widely known as the “King of Latin Trap,” is known for his hits “Titi me Pregunto,” “Dakiti” with Jhay Cortez and his feature on Cardi B’s 2018 single “I Like It” with J Balvin. 

Within the past five years, Bad Bunny has received three Grammy Awards and was recently awarded Best Música Urbana Album in 2023. 

Additionally, he claimed the title of the most streamed artist on Spotify for three consecutive years in 2020, 2021 and 2022.

The artist previously hinted towards the album’s title, featuring a billboard displaying the phrase “Nadie sabe…” at the end of the music video for “Where She Goes.”

The album features a variety of newer and veteran artists, including Young Miko, Arcángel, Bryant Myers, De La Ghetto, Eladio Carrión, Feid, Luar La L, Mora, Ñengo and YOVNGCHIMI.

For fans of “The Godfather,” actor Al Pacino makes an appearance at the end of the seven-minute-long “Monaco” music video. 

“Hey, you’re doing great,” Pacino said in the video. “You really are doing great. He’s charging it up.”

“Tomorrow’s coming,” he continued before the two started riffing together on a tune about how you “never know what tomorrow brings.”

“Monaco” is a lively song, setting the tone for an album to display his lavish lifestyle in comparison to his colleagues. The track contains a musical genre mix of ’80s sound, modern and hip-hop.

A mix of the singer’s past and present career can be heard across the album, as many of the 22 songs return to the arranged trap beats that helped start Bad Bunny’s career. 

“Mr. October” discusses themes of wealth, clothes and fame. Bad Bunny compares himself to both Michael Jackson and Reggie Jackson, saying, “Yo cambié el juego” which, in English, means “I changed the game.” 

With an underlying theme of popularity and the celebrity world, “Vuelve Candy B,” follows a representation of flexing on the competition. 

“Ever since Messi arrived in the USA, now everybody knows who the GOAT is,” said a line from his song “Vuelve Candy B.” “It’s not Tom Brady anymore.”

This coming Saturday, the artist is set to host Saturday Night Live and appear as its musical guest.