Beyoncé announces new singles in Super Bowl ad

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia Commons
Beyoncé at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on June 1, during her Renaissance word tour. Beyoncé announced a new upcoming album on Sunday during the LVIII Superbowl.

Beyoncé announced her upcoming album and released two new songs during the Super Bowl. 

Following her surprise appearance in a Verizon ad during the Super Bowl, Beyonce posted a trailer for her new record on Instagram. 

The trailer begins with a woman driving a taxi cab with a Texas license plate reading “HOLD ‘EM.” The video ends with the intro of her new single, teasing a record with country influence.

This release follows Beyonce’s 2022 Grammy-nominated “Renaissance,” also styled as “Act I: Renaissance.” 

The new album would be the second in what the artist called a “three act project” on her website. In the trailer video, it is labeled as “Act II” with no other title. 

After the announcement, two singles, “Texas Hold ‘Em” and “16 Carriages,” were dropped on music streaming platforms. Both songs are country-themed, mostly featuring acoustic guitar, bass drum and vocals, with the second single growing more orchestral towards the end.

From its first two songs, “Act II” is already marking a bold shift from “Renaissance,” promising a new musical venture.