Suki Waterhouse delivers passionate performance, teases new release

Jacob Slabosz
English actress and indie artist Saki Waterhouse performs on the Bacardí stage on Saturday.

Click here to view the photo gallery.

British singer and actress Suki Waterhouse performed on the Bacardí stage Saturday afternoon to an enormous crowd of fans.

Wearing a slim purple one-piece and knee high boots, Waterhouse took the stage at 4:00p.m, right in the middle of a rainy day at Lollapalooza.

Festival goers took cover in the trees surrounding the stage before Waterhouse’s set. The rain lightened up but was still coming down as Waterhouse began her performance, though fans didn’t appear discouraged as they still showed out in large numbers.

Waterhouse’s singing career is still fairly new, with her first album, “I Can’t Let Go,” being released in 2022. She is best known for her acting career, which included a lead role in 2023 series “Daisy Jones & The Six.”

Purple was splashed across the set as Waterhouse’s outfit matched the drums and lighting across the stage.

Additionally, a large screen behind the singer showed clips of herself in black and white as she sang her emotionally charged songs.

Waterhouse sang her recent single “To Love,” which was released in March, to a huge reaction from the crowd. 

The singer expressed her excitement at being able to play the festival from the stage.

“I love being here and performing for you guys,” Waterhouse said.

Midway through the set, she performed her 2022 single “Nostalgia,” which received an equally positive response from fans.

Waterhouse added excitement to the performance by singing an unreleased song, which she said she may put out as a single before her next larger record. 

The song received a wildly positive reaction from fans, which Waterhouse responded to by making a heart with her hands and blowing kisses to the crowd.

Waterhouse danced throughout her set, moving fluidly and hitting beats within the music. 

One of the set’s highlights was a medley of covers Waterhouse played towards the end of the performance, which included Mazzy Star’s “Fade Into You” and Taylor Swift’s “Lover.”

The crowd appeared to enjoy the Swift song in particular, singing loudly along to each line and swaying in unison with the music.

Waterhouse finished up the performance with her biggest hit, “Good Looking.” As she explained just before performing the song, her record label initially told her not to release it. “Good Looking” now has almost 200 million streams on Spotify.

Though the rainy set ended a few minutes early, Waterhouse’s performance was a landmark in her young music career.