Odds ‘N’ Ends: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in Denmark

By The Associated Press

COPENHAGEN, Denmark – It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in a Danish amusement park where Santa Clauses from around the world are gathering for their annual three-day congress.

Now in it’s 51st year, the World Santa Claus Congress starting Monday brings together 136 red-clad delegates, mostly from Scandinavia but also as far away as Russia, Japan and the United States.

The activities on the program include a bicycle parade, Hula Hoop dancing and a dip in the Copenhagen harbor.

The event was created to entertain children but has become a gathering of Santas who appear in stores and shopping malls at Christmas.

Gun advocacy group tours Idaho zoo with handguns in tow

BOISE, Idaho – Idaho members of a group that advocates for the right to openly carry handguns in public are turning heads by touring Zoo Boise while packing guns on their hips.

Ten members of OpenCarry.org were allowed into the zoo Saturday after some initial confusion at the entrance about whether it was legal to bring an unconcealed handgun inside.

Group member Carol Schultz of Nampa says: “Coming to the zoo was something we could do together, like any family would.”

Schultz says she’s never without her handgun that she keeps in a holster attached to a heart-studded belt.

Zoo visitor Alex Lundgren of Boise questioned the group’s decision to bring firearms.

He says: “Legal and appropriate are two different things.”