Odds and Ends: Nez Perce County agents state sheriff’s office vacant

By The Associated Press

LEWISTON, Idaho – After weeks without any word from Sheriff Jim Dorion, Nez Perce County commissioners have voted to declare his office vacant.

The commissioners agreed Monday that Dorion could no longer be considered a county resident and decided to withhold his paycheck for August.

Nearly four months ago Dorion began a 90-day paid medical leave after announcing he had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. That leave ended July 30, County Prosecutor Dan Spickler said.

Chief Deputy Dale Buttrey, who has been acting sheriff since May, said the last time he spoke with Dorion, the sheriff said he was going to Texas for treatment.

“Since beginning the leave, we have had no communication with Sheriff Dorion whatsoever,” Spickler told the commissioners. “It has been 25 days since the leave expired and, to the best of our knowledge, Sheriff Dorion has not been in the county, not been in the office, not doing the duties for which he is required.”

Dorion sold his Lewiston Orchards house, and all mail was forwarded to his parents’ home in Lewiston, which is in the county, officials said.

Police say man swam nude in neighbor’s pool in N.Y.

MOUNT PLEASANT, N.Y. – Police say a man who lives in a town just north of New York City has been caught with his pants down – skinny-dipping in his neighbor’s swimming pool.

A witness called police on Saturday to report seeing 52-year-old Thomas Weibrecht taking a nude dip in Mount Pleasant.

Police say by the time they arrived he had his clothes on and had a case of beer with him.

Weibrecht has been charged with trespassing and exposing himself. He’s free on $1,000 bail. He’s due in Town Court on Thursday.

A woman answering a telephone listed under Weibrecht’s name says she doesn’t know anything about an arrest and he’s not home to comment.