Police blotter for March 14

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By Daily Illini Staff Report

Multiple charges were reported in the 800 block of North State Street around 11 p.m. Friday. According to the report, after the police stopped the driver of a vehicle for improper lane use, the driver then backed into a driveway and struck another vehicle. The driver and passenger then switched seats. The 37-year-old male driver was arrested for having a warrant-in-state, improper lane usage, driving under a revoked license, illegal transportation of liquor and driving under the influence of alcohol. The 34-year-old female passenger was arrested on the charges of resisting police and illegal transportation of liquor.

Armed robbery was reported at One Stop Food, 701 N. Neil St., around 11 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the 47-year-old male suspect displayed a handgun, stole merchandise and left on foot. The suspect was not located.

Multiple charges were reported in the 1200 block of Paula Drive around 10 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the 21-year-old male suspect borrowed the victim’s car and when she tried to retrieve it, he slashed the tires and fled. He is wanted on the charges of domestic dispute, criminal damage to property and found articles.

Vandalism was reported at the Undergraduate Library, 1402 W. Gregory Drive, around 9:30 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, a blue swastika had been drawn on an exterior wall and the graffiti was quickly removed.

Multiple charges were reported near Third and Clark streets around 4:30 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, a 22-year-old male was arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm and illegally defacing marks of a firearm after police saw a bag of cannabis on the floor and searched the vehicle. The 22-year-old male passenger was also arrested for two outstanding Champaign County warrants after he failed to appear in court. 

Theft was reported at the Student Dining and Residential Programs building, 301 E. Gregory Drive, around 6:30 p.m. on March 6. According to the report, the University student arranged to sell designer shoes for $2,000 but the victim only received a $2 payment through an online transaction.

Theft was reported in the 2000 block of South Philo Road around 5 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim’s cellphone was stolen from her purse while she was attending church services.

Theft was reported at the Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 4 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender entered the store and stole items from a shelf, concealing them in her purse. She then proceeded to exit the store without intent to pay for any of the items. She was also found in possession of cannabis.

Reckless discharge of a firearm was reported in the 800 block of Park Street around 1:15 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender discharged the weapon, striking the victim’s box trailer.