Suburban Express, Attorney General reach temporary agreement on restraining order

Kenyon Edmond

Lisa Madigan, Illinois attorney general, filed a lawsuit and a motion for a temporary restraining order against Suburban Express, because of its discriminatory attitudes against students and their families.

By Yasmeen Ragab, Assistant Daytime News Editor

Suburban Express reached an agreement Friday with the Attorney General’s office on a temporary restraining order for the next 28 days.

Lisa Madigan, Illinois attorney general, announced Monday she would be filing a lawsuit against Suburban Express for discrimination and harassment toward its customers.

Along with her lawsuit, Madigan filed a motion for a temporary restraining order. She asked the court to take immediate action to force the owner of Suburban Express to stop publishing customers’ personal financial information and stop harassing them.

Suburban Express entered into an “agreed order” with the Illinois attorney general, according to a post on the company’s Facebook page.

The agreed temporary restraining order includes but is not limited to asking Suburban Express and its owner, Dennis Toeppen, to cease publishing personal identifying information of Suburban Express customers, to remove all existing Suburban Express customers’ personal identifying information and to not retaliate against customers for online reviews of the company, including but not limited to banning a customer from using the company’s services.

The temporary restraining order shall remain in effect until May 25, 2018 and is subject to further extension by the court.