President suspends US travel to, from Europe

By Samantha Boyle, News Editor

For the next 30 days, people will not be able to travel to and from Europe, according to an announcement made by President Donald Trump Wednesday evening.

“We will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days. The new rules will go into effect Friday at midnight. These restrictions will be adjusted subject to conditions on the ground,” CNN reported Trump said from the Oval Office.

A few exemptions will be applied to the new prohibition, including trade, cargo and various other things that gain approval. The U.K. is also not included in this rule.

Students who have already planned to travel over spring break to any countries with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention travel advisory of Level 2 or 3 would have to self-quarantine for 14 days upon return to campus. Additionally, all University sponsored trips inside and outside the United States have been suspended.

Other students studying abroad in Europe have been “strongly advised” to return to the U.S. and students in Italy and South Korea have been required to come home as soon as possible.