Chipotle conjures up Boorito special for delicious Halloween deal

Candice Zhou
Chipotle glows on the evening of Mar. 27 at the corner of Sixth and Green. Chipotle releases “Boorito” special for Halloween.

Last week, Chipotle announced the return of the Boorito special for the Halloween season. The Boorito special will be available in all Chipotle restaurants only on Oct. 31. 

Chipotle’s Boorito special offers a $6 digital entrée on Halloween day from 3 p.m. to local close time. For one night, the first 100 digital orders between 10 p.m. and midnight will receive an exclusive bottle of Tabasco Scorpion Sauce.

The offer is exclusive to digital orders on the Chipotle app using the promo code “BOORITO.” It is exclusive to only Chipotle Rewards members. 

Chipotle Mexican Grill is a fast food chain restaurant serving a variety of foods. From burritos to burrito bowls, Chipotle offers quick Mexican cuisine.

The Boorito special began in 2000, when guests dressed in a burrito costume would receive a discounted entrée. The tradition was made popular by the millennial generation.

As part of the special offer, Chipotle is changing its hours for the first time ever. In select college towns, some locations will extend their operating hours until midnight on Halloween day, including the Chipotle nearest to the University campus.

According to an email sent by Jodie Ferguson, a BCW brand solutions manager, the restaurant aims to target younger customers. The email revealed that in the last two years, Chipotle had seen a 30% increase in transactions after 8 p.m. Eighty-one percent of those customers are 18- to 26-year-olds who surveyed wanting the restaurant to open until midnight.

Only 53 locations will be open until midnight on Halloween day, with the Chipotle on Green Street being one of them.