Champaign police investigate shooting on Hickory Street

On Friday, Champaign police were dispatched to the 1400 block of North Hickory Street following a report of shots being fired. 

Officers were notified of a 24-year-old woman from Champaign who was taken to a local hospital. She remains hospitalized in stable condition.

According to the initial investigation, the woman was attending a party in the area when she was struck by a single shot fired that night. She was quickly transported to the hospital for treatment while other attendees of the party left. 

Officers are searching the surrounding area for witnesses and any video footage that may assist the ongoing investigation. No arrests have been made at the time. 

Champaign police strongly encourage anyone with exterior surveillance camera systems in the area to reach out. 

Anyone who has additional information can reach out to police at the number 217-351-4545. Anonymous tips can also be submitted to Crime Stoppers by phone at 217-373-8477 (TIPS), online at 373tips.com or by the P3 Tips mobile app.