Homecoming week quick tips

By Lauren Martens

By Lauren Martens

Contributing writer

Homecoming is an exciting time packed with an array of events. There are a couple things you might want to keep in mind to make the most of it.

• Take advantage of the free events, which include free food, beverages and prizes.
  • Get to the events early in order to avoid lines and missing out on items that are only available while supplies last.
  • Wear orange on Wednesday, Oct. 21, and enjoy discounts at some local businesses.

A few University students also share their insights on what events to attend and how to make the week memorable.

“My dad loves coming back for Homecoming. It’s always a struggle to get reservations, so I suggest going a little bit earlier for dinner around 4:30 to a restaurant that doesn’t take reservations.”

— Brittnay Albrecht, sophmore in AHS

“There is something going on every day throughout Homecoming week, so be sure to fully celebrate. Make sure to stop by the Quad on Wear Orange Wednesday for a free Homecoming gift, and don’t miss the pep rally on Friday night.”

— Bridget O’Brien, senior in Engineering

“Come to Frat Park on Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m. for free food and entertainment. The event will also showcase some stepping and strolling by some fraternities and sororities.”

— Courtney Valentine, senior in Business

lmarten2@dailyillini.com