Walk-on tryouts announced

By Derek Barichello

Illinois women’s basketball head coach Theresa Grentz has announced that the Illini are going to hold walk-on tryouts Monday, Oct. 25 at 7 p.m. at the Ubben Basketball Complex.

The coaching staff has not determined the number of players they are going to take on the team or if the team will take anyone, said assistant coach Stacie Terry.

The objective of the tryout is to see if there are any talented players on campus who could help the team.

“We’re looking for anybody that can compete at the Division I level,” Terry said. “We’re not looking for anything specific, like guards or post players; we just want anyone that is interested to come out and participate, and we’re looking for anyone who can help us improve.”

The coaching staff insists student-athletes who are trying out be at the Ubben Basketball Complex no later than 7 p.m.

In order to be eligible for the tryouts, players must be full-time students at the University and have not used up their college eligibility at another institution.

For further information concerning the tryout, contact Terry in her office at (217) 244-1093.